BlogDeath by PowerPoint? Bring it Back to Life by adding Video

Death by PowerPoint? Bring it Back to Life by adding Video

Death by PowerPoint? Bring it Back to Life by adding Video

When delivering a presentation, it is essential that you engage your audience – but how do you make it stand out from the crowd? A well placed video can help you take your presentation to the next level, whether it be a marketing presentation, a sales update or a training presentation.

Avoid the dreaded death by PowerPoint and bring it back to life by adding video clips.

How can adding video to my presentation be beneficial?

At some point in your working life, you will probably have had to sit through a boring and lengthy PowerPoint presentation, which caused you to lose interest very quickly. The well-known term ‘death by PowerPoint’ is what all businesses want to avoid when presenting to both clients and investors, and video is an excellent tool that will add life to your presentation. Here are just a few ways that adding video to your presentation is beneficial:

Video is engaging:

Although images and graphics do grab your attention, video adds life to graphics and tells the story in a far more engaging and attention grabbing way. We believe that every One Minute Wonder video we create is a story in itself, making video far more engaging than any other type of content you could include in your presentation.

Video is persuasive and creates a connection:

Video is much more persuasive than other types of content and this is because video caters to the brains’ visual and auditory systems, picking up on cues like body language, facial expressions and music. This can elicit an emotional bond that will influence a person’s choices or action.

When someone feels emotionally connected to your product/service, they are more than likely going to want to purchase or invest in it.

Video aids memory:

The engaging nature of video, combined with the emotional connection it can create with its viewers, helps to aid memory.

Did you know that only 10% of people remember what they hear and only 20% of people remember what they read? Video and visuals on the other hand help 80% people to remember what they have been shown. Therefore, adding video to your presentation will not only help to make it engaging and persuasive, but it will also make your presentation and the information in it memorable for the viewer.

We have recently worked with both Southco and the National Association of Jewellers, to lift clips from films we have produced for them, and inserting these clips into their PowerPoint presentations, to create a presentation that engages, persuades and creates a connection with the viewer.

Will you be bringing life to your PowerPoint presentations through adding video clips?

  • Recommend:
  • Share: